WWW.AWAKENEDIMAGES.COM
'Like' us on Facebook for more teasers and Specials


Saturday, June 20, 2009

Flash Flood!

I thought I'd blog to let you know there may be a small wait on any photo shoot's photos... sorry. The storm Friday night affected many in Holland, MI, but here's what it did to us. David and I were fortunate... no water damage... my parents on the other hand.... not so lucky. God kept them all safe, but their basement took on about 5 feet of muddy water. Electric went out during the storm and their sump pump stopped working. This first photo is of 32nd St. downtown, looking out our porch window. A car was trying to forge the 'river' and didn't make it. Our neighers all had water in their basements.....

Yes, that is a garage door...

My sisters and others are moving the basement items out through a basement window to dry on the yard.
Kelly, Elyse, Bob, and my dad pushing things out the windows


Those couches are sitting on a full sized pool table.... and that fire place is submerged. We stood on the steps, where the water came up about 7 of 13 stairs.


www.awakenedimages.com . David & Cara Williams . awakenedimages@yahoo.com